At Encore IT we respect the privacy of Personal Information in our care, and we collect and handle Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (including the Australian Privacy Principles) and all other applicable Australian privacy laws.
“Personal Information” as defined in the Privacy Act is “Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: whether the information or opinion is true or not”.
If you have any privacy questions, we will endeavour to answer to the best of our ability, but you can get lots of free privacy information from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner www.oaic.gov.au.
Types of personal information collected and held
Encore IT may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- contact and identification details (e.g., name, address, email address and phone number) – so that we may contact you if required;
- information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills so we may match you to roles;
- referee reports (others’ opinions) about your work performance (whether true or not). We will only speak to your referees after seeking permission from you.
- information that confirms you have the right to work within Australia. This information might include details, copies (including images and photos) or presentation of the originals of a visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documents.
- pieces of information that prove your identity for a particular role (this may be a driver’s licence number, details and image, Medicare number and details,
- your tax file number and relevant bank and superannuation information so we can pay you and make superannuation contributions, and ensure we pay all the taxes we need to pay.
- any other information that you send to Encore IT either in person (physically or via telephone) and/or electronically.
This list is not exhaustive, other information may be requested in order for us to aid in finding or placing you in a role.
Using personal information
The information that Encore IT collects and stores relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To create online profiles of the potential candidate for future opportunities.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
Disclosing your personal information
Personal Information that is held about individuals is only disclosed for the primary purpose for which it was collected or where we are under a legal duty to do so.
Disclosure will usually be:
- Internally between Encore IT staff members to for administrative purposes.
- To our clients for consideration for vacant positions.
- To referees for job suitability purposes.
- To ensure continuity of service, to another company if the supply of the service has been transferred to that company.
- To applicable Government agencies as required by law.
We outsource some business activities. As a consequence of this outsourcing our suppliers may see some personal information. Typically, our suppliers include:
- Legal and other professional advisors
- Superannuation fund managers.
- Contracted third-party payroll providers
Any request that is made to Encore IT to access an individual’s personal information will only be granted access based on the individual’s written consent.
Security of your personal information
Encore IT will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for the purposes and processes described within this policy.
Please direct all privacy complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access To Information
Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using our contact form.