Encore IT Services Pty Ltd (Encore IT), is committed to protecting the Work Health and Safety (WHS) of its workers and visitors while at work, in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (The Act), Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011 and all applicable Australian Standards and Codes of Practice.
This policy forms part of the Work Health and Safety Manual which sets out the various health and safety processes and procedures used by our workers as well as forms, tools and training development. The Work Health and Safety Manual is provided as part of Encore IT’s contractor induction. This policy will be reviewed every two years or following changes to the workplace or legislation, whichever is earlier.
The Statement of Commitment and the Implementation of Policy Commitment provide the overarching direction Encore IT will follow in pursuit of workplace health and safety outcomes. These commitments are:
Statement of Commitment
Encore IT is committed, so far as is reasonably practicable to providing a workplace that enables all work activities to be carried out safely.
Encore IT will take all reasonably practicable measures to eliminate or minimise risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
This WHS Management Plan and Encore IT’s WHS Policies and Procedures set out the safety arrangements and principles which are to be observed by Encore IT and its workers to ensure compliance with The Act and to provide appropriate mechanisms for continuing consultation and management of WHS matters.
Implementation of Policy Commitment
Encore IT is committed to ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of its workers (PAYG contractors, contractors, labour hire workers, outworkers, apprentices, students or volunteers) while they are at work, and that the health and safety of other persons (e.g. visitors) is not put at risk from our operations. This will be achieved by:
- providing and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment through the implementation of safe work practices, safe systems of work and provision of safe equipment;
- ensuring that workplaces under the control of Encore IT are safe, without risk to health, and have safe means of access and egress;
- routinely consulting in order to maintain effective and co-operative relationships between Encore IT and its workers, and with other duty holders, on health and safety matters in the workplace; and.
- reviewing, through appropriate mechanisms, the effectiveness of the safety measures taken.
Encore IT’s commitment to providing safe and healthy working environments for its workers includes:
- providing relevant, up-to-date WHS information to all workers on matters such as workplace safety and their responsibilities;
- providing expert assistance in WHS matters where necessary;
- providing instruction and/or training in work processes where appropriate;
- developing and implementing strategies which include workplace assessment, hazard identification, and appropriate remedial action to eliminate or control hazards; and
- implementing and maintaining appropriate information, reporting and statistical systems.