- Position Posted: June 1, 2022
- Test Analyst
- Australian Cyber Security Centre
- ACT, NSW, Offsite, QLD, VIC
- Number of Positions: Multiple
|Job Description:||Test Analyst|
|Security Clearance Level Required:||NV1|
|Length of Contract:||12 months|
|Contract Extension Options:||2 x 12 months|
- Essential criteria: Take responsibility for all aspects of the fundamental test process; i.e. analysis, design, execution, reporting and assisting the test lead with monitoring and reporting.
- Essential criteria: Experience in the verification of ICT infrastructure (physical and virtual), CI/CD developed solutions and client and server software.
- Essential criteria: Experience in maintaining the integrity of testing and coordinating the execution of these activities.
- Essential criteria: Demonstrated understanding of security testing and fundamental system security principles.
- Essential criteria: Experience in conducting test activities within a SAFe Agile methodology.
- Desirable criteria: Experience in verifying non-functional requirements (Load, Performance, Reliability, Compliance).
- Desirable criteria: Experience using Jira and Confluence for test artefact design and management.
• Are you interested in the world of cyber and have a passion for developing enterprise wide solutions?
• This is a unique opportunity to contribute to building Australia’s cyber awareness and resilience.
The ACSC requires a Test Analyst to work in its dynamic technical team to deliver ICT software, infrastructure and services to host cyber security capabilities in support of its cyber security mission. The successful applicant will demonstrate an understanding of the ICT software & systems development cycle and infrastructure testing with an emphasis on test planning, test analysis, test execution and outcome reporting. The person will have broad experience in testing complex integrated solutions comprising bespoke components with numerous system interfaces, including testing security use-cases. They will be comfortable operating as a hands-on Test Analyst within a SAFe context using the Atlassian stack for test design, execution and reporting. The successful applicant must be a motivated self-starter with strong technical abilities and initiative. They will operate as a peer in a high performing technical team, and require strong organisational skills and attention to detail, and be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment.
The Test Analyst’s major responsibilities include:
o Conduct software development and infrastructure integration testing where CI/CD technologies are employed.
o Conducting test analysis, test design, test execution and test reporting activities.
o Provide input and support to the Test Manager (e.g. to Test strategy/planning).
o Analyse and report on test activities and outcomes and raise, prioritise and manage defects.
o Identify test process improvements, and contribute to testing standards and definition of best practice.
o Communicate and report testing related risks and issues to the Test Manager, SCRUM Master and Product Owner.
o Take responsibility for the integrity of testing.
o Work under broad direction as a motivated, self-starter.
Key knowledge or experience required include:
o Broad experience in testing complex integrated solutions comprising bespoke components with numerous system interfaces, including testing security use-cases and testing system infrastructure (e.g. network components, gateways, firewalls etc.)
o Experience operating as a hands-on Test analyst within an agile scrum context using Atlassian stack test design, execution and reporting.
Note: An Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) is a mandatory requirement for contracted staff working in ASD beyond 12 months. Before submitting an application for this position, the applicant must have considered their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record. OSAs are conducted to determine suitability to work in a high security environment. All employees must obtain and maintain the required security clearance to work in ASD..
|Expressions of Interest By:||asap|
|Please use the form below to submit a recent CV as your EOI|
|Full response will be required by:||cob 4 July|
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.