- Position Posted: June 1, 2022
- Network Engineer
- Australian Cyber Security Centre
- ACT, Offsite
- Number of Positions: Multiple
|Job Description:||Network Engineer|
|Security Clearance Level Required:||NV1|
|Length of Contract:||12 months|
|Contract Extension Options:||2 x 12 months|
- Essential criteria: Experience in complex ICT network design and maintenance.
- Essential criteria: Demonstrated experience in gateway technologies including remote access, proxies and firewalls.
- Essential criteria: Produce network designs, design patterns, configurations, and documentation is accordance with ASD polices and procedures
- Essential criteria: Implementation, configuration and maintenance of devices including Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco ACI, HPE Switching, Citrix Load balancers and VMware NSX components.
- Essential criteria: Develop procedures and undertake routine installations and de-installations of hardware and/or software.
- Essential criteria: Use network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Desirable criteria: Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Desirable criteria: Demonstrated experience in design and configuration of data center networks and/or cloud networks.
- Desirable criteria: Design and implementation of using automation toolsets.
- Desirable criteria: Strong administrative and time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize work, allocate tasks and to work independently when required.
• Are you interested in the world of cyber and have a passion for developing enterprise wide solutions?
• This is a unique opportunity to contribute to building Australia’s cyber awareness and resilience.
The ACSC has a requirement for Network Engineers to deliver a range of technical capabilities in a key capability domain. The successful candidate will need highly developed network design and configuration skills and a proven ability to work with an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel. This role will be responsible for designing, building, and implementing a network consisting of Cisco, HPE, Palo Alto, Citrix Netscalers and VMWare NSX components.
Indicative duties include, but not limited to:
• Design and maintenance of complex ICT networks
• Production of network design, design patterns, configurations and documentation in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Implement, configure and maintain devices including Cisco Nexus Switches, HPE Switching, Citrix Load balancers and VMWare NSX components.
• Develop procedures and undertake routine installations and de-installations of hardware and/or software.
• Developing hybrid cloud networks In return, we offer you a flexible work environment, the opportunity to significantly contribute to future initiatives in the cyber technology arena and to work with really clever people in your sector.
Note: An Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) is a mandatory requirement for contracted staff working in ASD beyond 12 months. Before submitting an application for this position, the applicant must have considered their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record. OSAs are conducted to determine suitability to work in a high security environment. All employees must obtain and maintain the required security clearance to work in ASD..
|Expressions of Interest By:||asap|
|Please use the form below to submit a recent CV as your EOI|
|Full response will be required by:||cob 4 July|
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.