- Position Posted: June 3, 2022
- Kubernetes Platform Engineer
- Australian Cyber Security Centre
- Number of Positions: One (1)
|Job Description:||Kubernetes Platform Engineer|
|Security Clearance Level Required:||None|
|Length of Contract:||12 months|
|Contract Extension Options:||2 x 12 months|
- Essential criteria: Experience with Kubernetes at the infrastructure level, in Designing, Automating, Securing, Updating, Migrating and Maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Essential criteria: Experience with Kubernetes distributions that can be utilised in on-premise environments, ideally with kubeadm, K3s or Rancher Kubernetes.
- Essential criteria: Experience securing Kubernetes, including, creating network policies, enforcement of policies via admission controllers, container image scanning.
- Essential criteria: Linux Administration experience (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu or Debian)
- Essential criteria: Sound experience in IaC pipelines and automation utilising continuous integration/delivery tooling
- Essential criteria: Excellent client communication skills
The ACSC requires a motivated Kubernetes Platform Engineer who are looking to broaden their knowledge in a variety of technologies in an environment where security matters. These unique roles will allow you to work to your strengths while gaining experience in modern technologies with automation, open-source applications, cloud systems and security controls. You will be responsible for designing, automating and maintaining Kubernetes solutions that provide as-a-Service platforms to be consumed by engineering teams across the organisation. The experience you gain in upstream Kubernetes will be transferable anywhere and you’ll work in a great team with Kubernetes and Linux specialists. This role is an opportunity to obtain a security clearance. Candidates need to have obtained a Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1) clearance and an ASD Occupational Suitability Assessment (OSA) before commencing work.
Note: An Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) is a mandatory requirement for contracted staff working in ASD beyond 12 months. Before submitting an application for this position, the applicant must have considered their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record. OSAs are conducted to determine suitability to work in a high security environment. All employees must obtain and maintain the required security clearance to work in ASD.
|Expressions of Interest By:||asap|
|Please use the form below to submit a recent CV as your EOI|
|Full response will be required by:||cob 18 JULY|
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.