- Position Posted: August 4, 2022
- Data Engineer
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- ACT, Canberra CBD
- Number of Positions: One (1)
|Job Description:||Data Engineer|
|Security Clearance Level Required:||Baseline|
|Length of Contract:||6 months|
|Contract Extension Options:||2 x 12 months|
- Essential criteria: Experience designing ETL/ELT processes for data movement and transformation.
- Essential criteria: Experience developing data storage layers optimized for query performance.
- Essential criteria: Azure Cloud technology experience working with Engineering, Storage and Analytics services.
- Essential criteria: Working with multi-disciplinary teams using an Agile methodology.
- Desirable criteria: Experience working with Azure Data Factory and Databricks.
- Desirable criteria: Experience work with Data Lake.
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) has a requirement for an experienced Data Engineer with experience developing Extract, Transform, Load (ELT) processes across several data and analytics platforms.
The role will be responsible for design, development and unit testing activities across several data movement and transformation processes within DAFF. These data movement and transformation processes are in the process of being uplifted to Microsoft Azure and the successful candidate will require experience using the following technology:
- MS Azure Stack
a. Data Integration
i. Data Factory
ii. SQL Server Integration Services
b. Data Store
i. SQL Server
ii. Synapse Analytics
iii. Blob/File Storage
iv. Cosmos DB
i. Azure Databricks
ii. Stream Analytics
- Development Tools – DevOps
- Data technology solutions – sourcing (Oracle, Ingres, Azure, Wintel Server Network file shares), collecting, ingesting and storing
- Strong data visualization skills would also be an advantage
Positions are based in our Canberra offices. Whilst the department’s current Working Away from the Office (WAFO) policy encourages staff to work in the office a minimum of 40% of the time (such as 2 days per week or 4 days per fortnight), the team requirements are that people work in the office 60% of the time or 3 days a week. Variations can be discussed with the director however, any requests for any less than 40% in the office needs to be supported by the director and approved by the CIO. Due to the nature of some projects, there are some positions where working from home will not be available.
|Expressions of Interest By:||asap|
|Please use the form below to submit a recent CV as your EOI|
|Full response will be required by:||19 August|
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.